[Dixielandjazz] Birthdays Dec 15

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Thu Dec 17 06:05:32 PST 2009

Happy Birthday Turk!

I sure miss those evenings at Earthquake McGoon's. I remember when I
first moved to San Fran and found that place (by then it was on Pier
39). I thought what a civilized city San Francisco was and happily
assumed places like that (and music like that) could be found all over
town and at least every weekend if not most nights of the week. Sadly
this was not the case, but as long as Turk lived, he could be found
playing somewhere in town, and there were a few other places where the
music was regular, even if not as frequent as I'd have liked.

Have a great day all!

Beth