[Dixielandjazz] Virtual Washtub/Gutbucket Bass for your iPhone!

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Wed Dec 16 17:22:42 PST 2009

If you have one of them there gadgets, there is a free application you
can download and play on your iPhone! (or iTouch.)

http://wtb.diffent.com/iphone_apps

> Simulates a genuine stand-up broomhandle washtub bass as used in a
> variety of western and rustical music.  Constructed under the
> tutelage of Hillbilly Blues Hank, a famous musician in these parts.
> Ours provides the option of tuned virtual "frets" so it's easier to
> play in tune (though we let you play out of tune if you'd like, and
> go "fretless"), and we provide a variety of knobs to control the
> sound:  bass and treble, sustain, the type of wood the broomhandle
> is made of, and some other things that you'll have to check out on
> the iTunes App Store.

I don't have one, so I don't know how well it works...  there is also
a  iPhone trumpet and some other music instrument simulators available.

Dave Richoux