[Dixielandjazz] OKOM in Jacksonville FL?

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Tue Dec 15 18:33:02 PST 2009

Check out their calendar page (see below) or ask them via the contact page
on their website.   It does appear that they have several versions of the
group with different styles, but the Swingin' All Stars is listed as Chicago
Swing / New Orleans Style Jazz.

I personally haven't seen JB Scott since about 1992, at the old Mahogany
Hall on Bourbon St, with the then-Dukes of Dixieland.  He played trumpet,
and I believe was the leader at that time.  I bought their CD "Hearing is
Believing."

"Jazz artists, vocalist LISA KELLY and trumpeter JB SCOTT, began what has
become a long and successful musical partnership with a performance together
in 1997 at the legendary Montreux Jazz Festival in Montreux, Switzerland.
They have since appeared nationally and abroad as featured soloists, as
leaders of their groups, the KELLY/SCOTT QUINTET (Classic Mainstream Jazz),
JB SCOTT'S SWINGIN’ ALLSTARS (Chicago Swing/New Orleans Style Jazz), as
co-founding leaders of FLORIDA JAZZ PLUS (10/20-piece Big Bands), as
featured members of the ST. JOHNS RIVER CITY BAND (10/20-piece Big Bands),
and as guest artists/clinicians with secondary, college, and professional
jazz ensembles and music orchestras. "

Janie

janie39 at socal.rr.com

janiemccuelynch at yahoo.com