[Dixielandjazz] "Star Dust" (was Standard Keys)

dwlit at cpcug.org dwlit at cpcug.org
Wed Dec 9 06:53:54 PST 2009

With some regularity, stock charts put the first section in another key,
eg some G tunes started in Ab. They usually segued into a key more
congenial to clarinetists for the clarinet trio, finally segued into
higher key for the out chorus (but often went back to the first key)

--Sheik

> John McClernan wrote:
>> My friend, cornetist extraordinaire Scott Black, says he carried on a
>> personal correspondence with Carmichael when Scott was a teenager.
>> Carmichael told Scott he wrote it in C.

Bill Haesler replied: