[Dixielandjazz] Postings that are held a long time...or don't post

Haupt Dave srdaven at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 17:13:47 PST 2009

In the past few weeks, the number of oversized postings that land in the moderator's queue has gotten quite large.

The DJML software is currently set to hold postings that are larger than 30kbytes in size.  Honestly, unless you're trying to write a short book chapter, that ought to be enough for a "discussion"...only monologues and lectures run longer.

The last dozen or so such held postings were all cut-and-paste text from articles published elsewhere on the web.

If you wish to draw the members' attention to a published review, article, or other online source, it would be most beneficial to direct the members' attention to the site directly, rather than to cut and paste the full text.

Links will most definitely post more quickly than full-on texts and there is also the consideration of possible copyright violation, although we've not actually had any complaints.

Thanks for permitting my hopefully mild rant - or whine, as you choose to interpret!

Kindly,

Dave Haupt
Asst DJML Moderator