[Dixielandjazz] J. Fred Coots --great uncle of Drummer Danny Coots

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Thu Dec 3 07:41:45 PST 2009

This is a discussion list.  Comments solicited.  Your pertinent comments may be shared with the list unless otherwise instructed.

To:  DJML and Musicians & jazzfans lists

From: Norman

Lew Shaw, jazz journalist in Scottsdale and jazz activist, shares his comments about  Drummer Danny Coots, great nephew of J. Fred Coots.   Janie Lynch and Bob Ringwald also wrote me about Danny and his relationship to J. Fred.  Thanks all.

Back in the 1940s there was a newspaper columnist, Hal Boyle, who used to insert items from time to time.  That item would be entitled:  Things a newspaperman wouldn’t know unless he opened his mail.  That’s the way I feel about this list.  Thanks to everyone who shares your knowledge with the rest of us.