[Dixielandjazz] Coots & Gillespie-- From Tri State Jazz Society

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Dec 2 18:03:32 PST 2009

To:  DJML

Thanks to the Tri-State Jazz Society for this article on J. Fred Coots and Haven Gillespie.

Also to Steve Barbone who helped get it from a pdf ( which I couldn’t unravel) to this form which should work for DJML.

Most on this list know they wrote “Santa Claus is Coming to town”   I read elsewhere that Coots—he had a long life—had composed 700 songs.  Two others famous are “You Go to My Head” and “For All We Know.”

Norman Vickers