[Dixielandjazz] Great Moments In Jazz

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon Aug 31 23:14:48 PDT 2009

Don Ingle spoke about a great moment in Jazz at which he was lucky to have been present.

I also had one of those moments.

It was at either the first or 2nd Sacramento Jazz Jubilee.  I believe it was the first one in 1974.  It was outdoors at the old 49er site in Old Sacramento on a beautiful May evening.  There was an all-star band onstage.  I can't remember who was in the band except that at one point, Bobby Hackett with Dick Carey on piano played  the most beautiful duet version of "My Funny Valentine" that I have ever heard.  In fact, it was one of the most beautiful performances that I have ever heard.  And as in Don's case, I was lucky just to have been there.

 --Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I believe that sex is one of the most beautiful, natural, wholesome things that
money can buy."  --Steve Martin

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4382 (20090830) __________

http://www.eset.com