[Dixielandjazz] Can someone help me with this?

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Sat Aug 29 22:11:37 PDT 2009

Today on a message board, someone posted this link to a recording from the late '20s by Carson Robison which (after you get past the pseudo-hillbilly opening of the record is definitely OKOM...in fact I think I detect Joe Venuti "four string" playing on it) is definitely OKOM:  http://www.box.net/shared/k8byfmhpm4

The song is titled Nonsense.  I thought I recognized the changes as "Tiger Rag" (fourth strain).  Someone else suggested "Won't You Come Home Bill Bailey."

With my horrible background in music theory and my tin ear for picking up on changes, I guess my question is, are we hearing the same thing?  In other words, do all three tunes have the same changes, or is the Robison recording one, the other, a combination of both or both since the changes are identical (which I'm not sure of)?