[Dixielandjazz] Do You Know...

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Aug 27 18:55:10 PDT 2009

Scott Anthony wrote:

> What Turk played was (4 beats to the measure)

> Are you saying the G+ was originally Em?

Now that I think about it, and count the measures, you are correct as to what Turk played.  And I was told that is the way it was originally written.

Of course it was some 35 years since I heard him play it.  But I'm sure on the 3rd measure he played / Em Am /

When I first heard him do it, I didn't like it.  But it grew on me.

Oh yes, now I remember, Dick Cary told me that Turk played it the way it was originally written.

As far as the F on the 2nd half of the 2nd measure, personally I don't care for it.  But that is just my personal preference.

 BR