[Dixielandjazz] You are What You Listen To

Howard Wiseman h.wiseman at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 18:33:38 PDT 2009

--- On Tue, 8/25/09, Howard Wiseman <h.wiseman at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Howard Wiseman <h.wiseman at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] You are What You Listen To
To: Gluetje1 at aol.com
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2009, 5:05 PM

I like classics; jazz from dixieland to good bop; blues; swing, Gypsy,  Willie Nelson; Folk; and anything I am asked to play or sit in on - including six weeks fronting gospel show.

"Our kind of music" implies to me an inate snobbishness and musical bigotry..   If we gotta be politically correct when we play we mmight as well give up and perform for audinces of eight regularly.  Tyler Jackson, a marvelous jazz man, plays bass for Ray Price and drives the band.  We'll become like the political extremes and try to out play "their kinds of music: and drive them off.

Wait - that might be kind of fun.

Meatball