[Dixielandjazz] Aurelie Tropez and Paul Asaro

Barb Jordan jordan_barb at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 06:36:25 PDT 2009

Thanks Dick and Bob.

I was there and had the best time!  The event was held in a hotel just on the outskirts of Newcastle, close to Whitely Bay.

 We were staying in Newcastle and took the train and bus in each day. The event went from noon to midnight each day and there was never a lull.  You could always find a band playing in one of the rooms or in one of the alcoves as where Aurelie and Paul were playing.

There were 4 venues (rooms) in the hotel that featured acts from 3 to 15 musicians.

I especially loved the Hot Five Reed Warmers and Bent Persson.

Barbara

Barbara Jordan

Burlington, Ontario, Canada