[Dixielandjazz] SHAMELESS GIG PROMOTION

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 23 09:34:06 PDT 2009

Come see The Barbone Street Jazz band in concert at the famed Ocean
City NJ Music pier on Wednesday, August 26, 8 to 10 PM. Bargain priced
at $10 admission. Listeners and dancers are welcome. Last year we drew
about 700 people at this venue. It seats about 800 and we look forward
to a full house. We are back this year by popular demand. sponsored by
our friends at the Ocean City Pops Orchestra. It is a great, air
conditioned venue at Moorlyn Terrace and Boardwalk, extending some 300
feet out into the Atlantic Ocean. One of only 2 such venues in the USA.

The Ocean City Music Pier dates back to 1928 when construction began
to create a new concert hall for the community that had just lost a
large portion of the boardwalk to a fire in 1927.  The Music Pier that
you see today was dedicated on July 4, 1929 with much fanfare.  The
Music Pier lived up to its name with the Municipal Orchestra
entertaining crowds twice a day, seven days a week.  It was an Ocean
City destination then as it is today.

The Music Pier is an entertainment venue suitable for a great variety
of shows from stand up comedy to musicals, and from soloists to the
Ocean City Pops orchestra, and to the Barbone Street Jazz Band.
Nationally renowned musicians and music groups make appearances at the
Music Pier and various pageants call the Music Pier their home
including the Miss New Jersey pageant.  The Ocean City Pops has a
summer concert series from July through October that showcases the
beautiful music of the orchestra as well as special guest appearances
from critically acclaimed entertainers.

We are thrilled to be back again as the venue has wonderful acoustics
and a highly professional sound and lighting crew which makes us both
sound and look good. It energizes our band and the audience,
consisting of people from about 8 to 80 years old. Our concert theme
is JAZZ, AMERICA'S MUSIC.

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Steve Barbone