[Dixielandjazz] Nathashya and "Jazz"

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 09:26:41 PDT 2009

Following is a note I received from Nathashya, the student who asked
us about jazz after attending our concert at Temple University. She
got her grade this morning. Note her major and the course . . .
"Introduction to Music". In this course, they also cover  the
development of Jazz. She was familiar with the ODJB, King Oliver and
Louis Armstrong. I had previously though she was taking a "Jazz
Course" but decided to email and  ask her what her major was and what
course she was taking that covered early jazz.

"Hi Steve,"

"I'm actually a Marketing major this is an elective class in which I
am required to take. My course is actually called Intro to Music. We
study music from the 1400's to Present day. Thanks again for helping
me out with my paper I got 95!"

"Nathashya"

Way to Go, Temple University. Congrats on the 95, Nathashya.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband