[Dixielandjazz] Barbara Ann, The Song

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Tue Aug 11 10:16:17 PDT 2009

I think I pretty well answered Kent's original question - the song was
"Second Line" AKA "(Paul) Barbarin's Second Line" which is a New
Orleans Brass Band standard. It is a song very similar to "Over The
Waves" and "South Rampart Street Parade" in structure.

  Barbarin is often pronounced "Bar-BAR-Ann" although I have also
heard it as "Bar-Ber-Rin."

Unless there is some new trend in New Orleans Jazz pick-up bands
playing Beach Boys tunes (unlikely! ;-)

Dave RIchoux

(BTW, I sent Kent a sound file of a "Second Line" version off list..)