[Dixielandjazz] Name and where to find a tune

Hal Vickery hvickery_80 at msn.com
Mon Aug 10 22:56:25 PDT 2009

Oddly enough the Beach Boys version of Barbara Ann was what is now called a cover (although back in the old days a cover was actually a contemporaneous recording by one artist of another artist's hit).  The original version of Barbara Ann, at least this song titled Barbara Ann, was recorded by the Regents in 1961.  The Beach Boys version was much better.

Hal Vickery