[Dixielandjazz] New Member

Yvonne Au jazz4ev at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 21:45:18 PDT 2009

Dear friends in jazz,

     Thank you for this opportunity to join the DJML and meet all of you.  I
may know some of you through one of my roles as either the mother of young
jazz musicians Gordon, Brandon and Justin Au; the sister of Howard Miyata
from the High Sierra Jazz Band and Vernon Miyata of the J Town Jazz
Ensemble, both trombonists and school band directors; spouse of a
trombone-playing neurologist Bill Au; or a fellow fan of OKOM.  I estimate
that my family has participated in and benefited from several jazz education
activities through the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society (STJS) over a
period of at least 15 years before my youngest son graduated from high
school three years ago.  Ever since then, I've been volunteering back this
time with much appreciation to the STJS.  I can't tell you what a joy it has
been for my sons to grow up and enjoy music together as a family activity.
Even my husband attended the Trad Jazz Adult Camp!  So, in the interest of
"passing the torch", from time to time you'll be hearing from me, and I
certainly look forward to your posts!  Thank you Bob Ringwald, for signing
me up.

--
Yvonne Au, Coordinator
Trad Jazz Youth Band Festival