[Dixielandjazz] Classic Jazz Orchestra - Shameless Plug

Janie McCue Lynch janie39 at socal.rr.com
Sat Aug 1 17:54:26 UTC 2009

A wee bit too late for us, Ken.....we were in Edinburgh in early May.  Didn
t hear any jazz but loved Scotland in general and Edinburgh in particular!

Janie
janie39 at socal.rr.com

Hi Folks,

If any of you are likely to be in the vicinity of Edinburgh, Scotland on
Tuesday afternoon, hurry up to the Hub concert venue (at the entrance to the
Castle), where the Classic Jazz Orchestra is performing a concert of the
music of Benny Carter with the brilliant saxophonist, Alan Barnes, as
featured soloist. It's part of the Edinburgh Jazz Festival, and we'll be
playing material drawn from the whole range of Benny's 8- decade career, so
it promises to be an evening of great contrasts, great fun and hopefully
great performances. The concert kicks off at 6:00pm and runs for 90 minutes
without a break, so there will be a mad stampede across the road at
approximately 7:45 for pints of Mr Deuchar's splendid giggle juice in the
Castle Arms pub. If any of you are there, please come up and say hello.

Cheers

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk