[Dixielandjazz] Daunts

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 21 12:55:12 PDT 2009

> My "favourite" in this area is a recording by the Pasadena Roof Orchestra
> of "I Can't Dance I've Got Ants In My Pants" The singer insists on
> using the "British" pronunciation for dance with a long "a"
>
> Andy Ling

I think you mean ENGLISH pronunciation
and uppah clauss English  --
One of the many nice things in the Humphrey Lyttelton TV tributes, and there was one with Melvin Bragg done months before he died, and re-shown, was the old clip of Humph reminiscing about his hero Nat Gonella, not with the lovely shot of Humph's six foot three emerging brandishing trumpet from a vast mock cake on Nat's 80th birthday, but just a reminiscence of the Cockney Italian singing and a clip of Nat in his young prime not only doing his Louis thing but singing -- unable as Humph recalled, to pwonounce the letter L:(et cetewa)  "Twubbw'some Twumpet" at a tempo decidedly pwesto...

actually the Ws swung... (a wecommended impwovement if anyone wants to wevive the song, and

This being Tuesday, I Hartily hope that it is some weader's Good News Day . . .

W . . .