[Dixielandjazz] My Ship

macjazz macjazz at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 17:24:50 PDT 2009

Don't apologize at all.  I didn't think it was (George) Gershwin's either.
I went on line with a query "Gershwin+my ship"

The first listing gave Ira as the lyricist.  The second listing was:
George Gershwin - My Ship | Lead Sheet (Sheet Music Download)
Source: Lady In The Dark Artist: George Gershwin Format: Lead Sheet

  a.. totalsheetmusic.com/My-Ship-P7078.aspx
  b.. · Cached page
  c..
and I thought O.K., I didn't think it was and posted it.

As I went back to pull this cut and paste, I clicked on through and in spite
of the heading the music does show Kurt Weill as the composer and Ira
Gershwin as the lyricist.

All I can say is damnit, I tried!!!

Smiles,

Mart