[Dixielandjazz] Acoustic music.

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Mon Apr 13 10:08:14 PDT 2009

I don't think my post about Loyola got to the list, so I'll repeat it.
I was at a reception at Loyola U. in New Orleans with my daughter.  It
was a large buffet affiair in a quite large room with high ceilings.  A
student trio was playing (they were quite good) made up of tenor sax,
string bass and drums. And no amplification!  It sounded great .  I
think that people are so grateful not to be subjected to amped sounds,
that they respond to the music better. Maybe I'm just old, but if I see
someone setting up a mike, I walk out.