[Dixielandjazz] Los Pikadientes De Caborca - La Cumbia Del Río

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 8 00:39:45 PDT 2009

Hans en Corrie Koert wrote:
> It seems not available in this part of the world ( Europe)

Dear Hans,
Nor here in Australia.
However, some searching found it at:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN0qLy57WEs
I hope this helps.
It takes me of back to the 1950s, when 10" LPs started to replace 78s,
and our local Festival record company reissued the singer Wilmoth
Houdini with Gerald Clark's Night Owls' session for Brunswick made in
New York on 16 February 1931.
It's listed in Brian Rust's 'Jazz Records', but not Tom Lord's Jazz
Discography.
A great calypso band featuring hot, driving cornet by Walter Bennett
(of Bennett's Swamplanders, Horsey's Hot Five) and the swinging string
bass of Al Morgan.
I have the sides on a 12" Folklyric 9040 LP.
They are now included on the Wilmoth Houdini Arhoolie CD 7010,
currently available from Venerable Music.
Well worth a listen.
Very kind regards,
Bill.
PS: I have no connection with Venerable Music, other than as a very
satisfied customer.