[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 69, Issue 35

Daniel Gaultney dgandmg2 at rose.net
Sun Sep 28 09:10:41 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <dixielandjazz-request at ml.islandnet.com>
To: "Dan Gaultney" <dgandmg2 at rose.net>
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:00 PM
Subject: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 69, Issue 35

> Can anyone send me the lyrics to the verse of "When the Blue of
> the Night Meets the Gold of the Day?"
>
> Thanks in advance.....
>
> Jim O'Briant
> Tuba
> Gilroy, CA

 This is from memory, but it was one of my dad's favorites, especially w/
the Les Paul guitar behind Bing's lyrics.

Dan Gaultney
Thomasville, GA

When  the blue of the night meets the gold of the day,
someone waits for me.

When the blue of her eyes meets the gold of her hair,
a rainbow, heavenly.

If only I could see her,
oh, how happy I would be.