[Dixielandjazz] Cleo Laine & John Dankworth

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 25 09:41:30 PDT 2008

Bill Haesler has his eyepatch firmly in place regarding Dankworth and
Laine.

However, curious listmates with no patches my wish to hear "Oh Lady Be
Good" by them with some backup from 1965. If so, see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e48tmnqg5bc

If you like that then see "Fine & Mellow" by them at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exATtU2IGF4&feature=related

As I hear it, that's close enough to Dixieland to be enjoyed by most
fans. Not only that, but they swing their collective asses off with
some great Jazz. ( IMO of course) Nice to see a young audience
enjoying them too. <grin>

Plenty more of them on that You Tube site. Like Ellington's "I Got It
Bad and That Ain't Good". with Sir John and Bobby Short (From the
Larry King TV Show) Just wonderful.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband