[Dixielandjazz] jazz clubs in the South

wkeys wkeys at gte.net
Fri Sep 19 16:20:43 PDT 2008

My wife and I are traveling to Georgia, Florida, and maybe Alabama from Sept. 29 to Oct.11. I play a 5 string acoustic/electric violin. Would love to participate in any jams at any of the clubs in those states. We plan on seeing Atlanta, Andersonville, Plains, Thomasville, Columbus, and Warm Springs in Georgia. Tallahassee, Apalachacola, Panama City, and Pensacola in Florida (supposed to play in Pens. Oct 6th). Also, possibly Mobile and Montgomery in Alabama. If any cities around those mentioned have jams, I could try to make it. We are playing it by ear as to when we will be in these cities. This is a vacation and we want to see the sights. I am debating whether or not to bring my amplifier along so would appreciate any advice. We don't have many violinists in my area that play OKOM and would hope to listen to any in yours. Thanks,
Bill Keys