[Dixielandjazz] Louis Armstrong reviewed

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Sep 9 18:00:16 PDT 2008

Glen Page wrote [in part]:
> My mouth is watering at the possibility of having these discs. Could
> you
> please post instructions as to how to obtain them.

Dear Glen
Here is what I have.
    http://www.jazzstore.com/cart/add/5289147
    The Jazz Store - 1710 Highway 35 - Oakhurst, NJ 07755

Louis Armstrong — A Worldwide Jazz Store Exclusive!
Rudy Vallee's Fleischmann's Yeast Show & Louis' Home-Recorded Tapes
This new Louis Armstrong collection features Louis' historic 1937
radio broadcasts — as well as a separate disc of his home-recorded
tapes with friends, family and often just himself — and offers an
incredible insight into jazz's most popular musician.
This two-CD set is only $35.96 & it's only available at The Jazz Store.

I registered with The Jazz Store on 1st August 2008 then was informed
that, because of their arrangement with the vendor (presumably the
Louis Armstrong Archive), they could sell the CDs within the US only.
However, my friend, Carl Hällström has advised that the set can be
obtained from Gosta Hagglof of the Swedish Armstrong fan club.
      http://www.classicjazz.se/
Kind regards,
Bill.