[Dixielandjazz] Louie Armstrong and the Bare Necessities

John Mumford john at jazzbanjo.com
Wed Sep 3 15:59:18 PDT 2008

Michael,

Just go to Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Songs-Satchmo-Louis-Armstrong/dp/B000001M3R

-----Original Message-----
From: dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com
[mailto:dixielandjazz-bounces at ml.islandnet.com] On Behalf Of Michael
Gimino
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 4:34 PM
To: john at jazzbanjo.com
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Louie Armstrong and the Bare Necessities

I recently discovered a performance of Louie Armstrong playing the Bare
Necessities (From the Jungle Book 1967) and was very entertaining and
great to listen to.

A link to the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXwEBp3cKfM

Now I also heard that Louie did an entire album on popular Disney songs?
I sure would like to get ahold of one of those if he did. Would be very
interesting to hear. Any information or comments?

Michael