[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bridge

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 20:23:59 PDT 2008

Below is a note from Jazz Bridge here in Philadelphia. Note also,
musicians in the Philadelphia region and their families can get free
flu shots on Friday November 7, in center city.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

Hi folks,

Just wanted to spread the word that Jazz Bridge made the big time with
a fabulous writeup by the esteemed jazz writer Nat Hentoff in
JazzTimes Magazine (see the link below)

http://jazztimes.com/columns_and_features/final_chorus/index.cfm

Among other things, he called our yearly calendar a "collector's
item." So there is still time for you to sponsor a page, have your
logo prominently displayed, or include your name in the "Friends of
Jazz Bridge" list on the back of the calendar. All gifts are tax
deductible, and with a page sponsorship, you get a free calendar
featuring the Philadephia area's most prominent jazz and blues
musicians, past and present, in breathtaking photographs by the
world's most celebrated photographers. To find out more: email info at jazzbridge.org

FREE FLU SHOTS!!!!!

On Friday, November 7th, MusiCares is sponsoring a FREE FLU-SHOT
CLINIC, from 1pm to 4pm at the Philadelphia Chapter of The Recording
Academy, 200 So. Broad St., Suite 410, Philadelphia.  The shots are
free to all individuals in the music industry in the Philadelphia
region, as well as their spouses and children 18 years of age or
older.  There is no pre-registration involved; you and your family can
merely show up during the designated time, fill out a short form and
roll up your sleeves.  We hope to see you all there!

For more information, or to discuss this valuable clinic, call
212-245-7840, or via our toll-free line:  877-303-6962.

Thanks for supporting the music!