[Dixielandjazz] Meryl Conger RIP

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Tue Oct 28 15:43:54 PDT 2008

Here is a note from Chris Tyle.

Hi, Bob,
I got this email yesterday and I thought you might want to pass it on to the
DJML. Meryl was a fine cornetist and played many years with Stumptown Jazz
out of Portland.

Cheers,
Chris Tyle

  Hello Friends,

  I am sad to pass on the news that Meryl Conger has died.  He was living
alone in his house in Phoenix.  About a week ago, my son, Kurt got a call
from Meryl's brother, Mark, who lives in Sandy OR.  He asked if Kurt or
anyone in the family had talked with Meryl.  No one had for nearly two
weeks.  So, Mark (or Kurt – not sure who) called the police who went to the
house and found him dead.  There must be an autopsy and time of death
established but we haven't yet heard about it.  So, I will keep you posted.

  Pass this on to anyone who would like to know.  Thanks.

  Gary Peterson