[Dixielandjazz] Dick Carey and the Town Hall Concerts

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 26 20:10:32 PDT 2008

Robert Ringwald wrote:
> Dick told me that he did play on, and write arrangements for some of
> the
> Condon Town hall radio shows.  He said that often he did not get
> credit
> because he was in the service and was not supposed to perform without
> express permission from the government.

Dear Bob (and others),
You are correct but, because this thread has been stretched a bit,
some earlier comments by me have been overlooked or forgotten.
I have never denied Dick Cary's presence on the Blue Network
broadcasts of Condon's so-called 'Town Hall' concerts.
Only that he did not play piano or alto horn.
He was, as I mentioned earlier, on thirteen of the radio shows between
7 Oct 1944 and 10 March 1945.
But he only played trumpet.
As it all seems to have attracted some interest, on and off line, I am
in the process of preparing a factual summary of Dick Cary's
involvement, but have unfortunately been interrupted quite a bit over
the last few days.
Very kind regards,
Bill