[Dixielandjazz] Olde Kings Jazz Festival

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 08:26:36 PDT 2008

Folks around Philadelphia PA, USA might want to attend this event.
Because of corporate sponsor support, the festival is a real bargain
at $20, all events. The wine tasting tent will have an additional
admission charge, but you can also stand next to it on the sidewalk
and listen.

We played here last year and it is a wonderful small town jazz
festival which draws a couple of thousand local people during the day.
Many festivals (more than 20) like this every year in our area.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

The Barbone Street Jazz Trio will be performing at the Olde Kings Jazz
Festival in Swedesboro NJ from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM in the Wine Tent on
Main Street.

The Festival takes place on Saturday October 11, from 1:00 PM to
Midnight.  $20 all events admission.

There are about 19 or 20 bands performing in various venues along Main
Street.  Barbone Street will play Great American Songbook Jazz,
banjoist Franny  Smith with the Red Garter Band plays trad, and The
Hot Club of Philly will be performing gypsy swing. The Little Jazz
Giants (musicians between 10 and 18) will perform some interesting
updated takes on New Orleans Jazz. Other groups, like Dennis DiBlasio
and George Rabbai, will be more modern.