[Dixielandjazz] How well do you hear music?

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 20:15:50 PST 2008

This test is curious.  It does not, in my case, have much retest
reliability.  I took it about a year ago, scored somewhere in high normal  range, took it
again a few hours later and increased my score by about  25 per cent as I
recall.  I don't consider tone deafness  correctable in a matter of hours.  Focus
IS correctable within minutes  or hours.  I agree it is testing musical
memory which Jake  Mandell says it does during his discussion in other web pages.
Just took it again tonight, was back to high normal. LOL.  It was also
interesting in reviewing the results that I missed 5 of the last 8.   Did the last
8 suddenly get more complex or was there another  variable?  Could not find
anything about whether the last samples were  considered more complex.  I
suppose from the standpoint of research, once  Mandell defines his terms then his
test can measure relative to his definition,  then he can have conclusions.  But
from a research point of view their  are various kinds of validity and
reliability.
Ginny

In a message dated 11/29/2008 9:14:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,