[Dixielandjazz] Cris Barber

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 15:51:44 PST 2008

At our jazz evening last night at her house, Ms. Pasternak (the editor
of the 88FM jazz programme and the musical director of the Caesarea
Jazz Festival) played a Chris Barber CD "Live in Munich," recorded in
1995.  What a great record!

We had been looking forward to Chris Barber's visit at the forthcoming
Caesarea festival, but that recording whetted our appetite.

Most of my friends are suckers for the piano;  nevertheless, one
friend remarked: "This is the one band in which I don't mind the
absence of the piano."

Cheers,

Marek