[Dixielandjazz] Mike Vax and Gordon Finlay

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 26 13:28:56 PST 2008

Hi Bill...thanks for your answer! As I remember, Finlay wasn't a jazz
player, but an incredible cornet soloist...I heard him in 1950 at a college
in S. Calif. with THE U.S. Navy Band...I don't remember the name of the
solo, only that it was INCREDIBLE!
I thought he might have made a recording with the Navy band...
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
1617 Lakeshore Dr.,
Lodi, Calif. 95242
Ph 209-747-1148
www.cellblockseven2002.net
"If you must choose between two evils,  choose the one you haven't tried
yet."