[Dixielandjazz] Stephene Wrembel

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 25 20:45:24 PST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> Minor correction, Steve.  It's Stephane, not Stephene and here he is
> on
> YouTube.
>
> Stephane Wrembel performs Mont. St. Genevieve/Valse a Wasso
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhA_jKBpkZU&feature=related
>
> If you like Django, and I do, this is great stuff.

Dear Ron & List Mates:

Stephane it is. Just a typo.

As an aside, Jonathan Russell has  played with Stephane Wrembel a few
times this year in NYC. The first time he played with him, Wrembel
asked him  to do a week long gig with him at Joe's Pub in NYC, but
unfortunately "J" unable to do it. I would love to hear them do some
Hot Club type numbers together.

I think "J" may be with him this Saturday night somewhere. I'll ask
his Mom and report back if it's a go.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband