[Dixielandjazz] Skiffle music

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Nov 21 17:18:17 PST 2008

The way I have always understood it (pre-Wikipedia)  is that Skiffle
is a mostly UK term that covers the musical area somewhere between
Folk, Blues, Jugband, Jazz and early Rock - with an element of Busking
thrown in. Late 1950s to early 1960s ish.
The guys who grew up a bit to become The Beatles were in a Skiffle
Band, as were several other early '60s British bands. Some home made
guitars, ukes, banjos, other misc. instruments were usually found.

Dave Richoux