[Dixielandjazz] New CD

Katie Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 20 17:09:04 PST 2008

Hi Listmates! -
I just wanted to put in a little plug for my New CD.  It's hot off the press and I'm going to take a big box of them with me to the San Diego Festival.
You can read all about it on my website:
http://www.katiecavera.net/disc.html
and it's also available at:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/katiecavera
If you live in the Los Angeles/Long Beach area and want to come to the CD release party on December 3, I'll be selling them there at a special rate.  The info for that is on my site as well.

I made this record with my friend Clint Baker.  Between the two of us and a great recording engineer, we mange to sound like a band.  I'm not usually keen on overdubbing but it seemed like a good route to go in this case, and knowing someone like Clint who can play just about every instrument really helps. I've recorded with Clint on about about a half a dozen or so other records so I knew we would be on the same page about how to approach this. We decided against using a click track - instead we played as a rhythm duo to begin with and then added the other tracks on top.  I think that helped to keep things spontaneous.

It's a mix of some of my favorite old songs and some new ones (I wrote 5 of the tracks).  And if you get a copy of your very own, and wouldn't mind sending in a review to CD Baby I'd appreciate it.

I hope to see many of you in San Diego!  I'll be there playing some sets in the Lobby (Alan Adams, John Gill and I kick things off with banjos & tuba on Thursday night) as well as sets with: Tim Laughlin's New Orleans All Stars, The Hayriders, The Cash Kings, and the Sentimental Serenaders.
- Katie

http://www.katiecavera.net
http://www.youtube.com/kcavera