[Dixielandjazz] Melee at Music Awards in London

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 04:32:48 PST 2008

Hey Pat Ladd,

What's going on here.  For a minute I thought that was the OZ arena.
<grin> I guess this is why we don't recognize much of the music since
1990 or so.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

Melee at Music Awards

NY TIMES Compiled by STEVEN McELROY Published: November 16, 2008

A 27-year-old man was in critical condition on Sunday after being
stabbed when a brawl broke out at the sixth annual Urban Music Awards
ceremony at the O2 Arena in London on Saturday night, the BBC
reported. Two other men suffered minor injuries, and one man was
arrested in connection with the incident. Organizers were forced to
call off the event while a police investigation was conducted. Several
witnesses described a melee involving more than two dozen people, with
chairs and bottles flying.