[Dixielandjazz] The Blue Room

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Nov 15 02:27:45 PST 2008

Dear Bob,
>I think you will find that Don was talking about The Blue Room at the
Roosevelt Hotel (later the Fairmont Hotel), University Place in New
Orleans LA.

I spent my last year of High School in St. Pete, Florida.  I found that if I
set my alarm clock to about 1am, and put my fingers on the antenna plugs on
the back of my radio, I could pick up a broadcast from New Orleans.  It was
Earl "Fatha" Hines' band, and if I'm not mistaken, it was from the
"Beautiful Blue Room atop the Roosevelt Hotel".

That would have been 1957/58.  Have I got my facts right?

Jim