[Dixielandjazz] For the Historians, new Buddy Bolden information?

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:23:30 PST 2008

For many years there was talk of Bolden on Cylinder.   Cylinder recordings
are very fragile, due to the possibility of being attacked by mold, which
eats the wax and from being dropped.   The latest that I have seen about the
fabled Bolden cylinders, which were probably done with the recording head
that came with new cylinder machines is that they were stored in a shed in
New Orleans that was knocked down with all its contents.

Ron L