[Dixielandjazz] Bohem Ragtime & Jazz Festival 2009

news at bohemragtime.com news at bohemragtime.com
Wed Nov 5 18:00:24 PST 2008

Dear friends,

We have sent around the brochures for our next Bohem Festival (March
2009). Following our last e-mail correspondence, you must have received
a printed copy of the brochure - if you are on our snail mailing list,
too. (If not, but would like to be included, just simply send a mail to
news at bohemragtime.com and let us know your name and address.) Anyway,
there will be a fantastic line-up of 14 carefully selected musicians
from 9 countries plus bands. We are not only offering the music but
organize 7-day tours for those who would be interested in getting around
Hungary once they come over. There is a nice discount from the package
prices for those who are returning visitors to our Festival. The
deadline for these "discount applications" is Nov 15, 2008, so you
better hurry. You can download the brochure here:

http://festival.bohemragtime.com/images/fest09-tourinfo1.pdf

Here is the computer version:

http://festival.bohemragtime.com/images/fest09-tourinfo.pdf

If you'd like know more about the festival, visit  its website at
www.bohemragtime.com

For those who have known her: my colleague Zsuzsa Görög died last Monday
in cancer, we attended her funeral today. She was the young, smiling
girl with a limping leg. If you had been to our Festival, you must have
seen her as she was one of the organizers and without her all organizing
processes have slowed down a lot. We miss her a lot - there was about
3-400 people at her funeral, where we also played with my band according
to her mother's wish. It was a very sad event, she was only 30.

Sincerely,

Tamas Ittzes
Festival director

PS.: To unsubscribe from our rather rarely used E-mail list, send an
E-mail to the news at bohemragtime.com account with the word "Unsubscribe"
in the subject line.

Bohém Ragtime Jazz Band
Bohém Ragtime & Jazz Festival
Kecskemét Jazz Foundation
Address: H-6001 KECSKEMÉT, Pf. 652., Hungary
news at bohemragtime.com
www.bohemragtime.com