[Dixielandjazz] Hot Jazz in Germany

Tamas Ittzes bohem at fibermail.hu
Sat Nov 1 05:55:49 PDT 2008

Tom Duncan asked: A friend has asked about a band from Germany now led
by "Max" (of course, he doesn't know the last name). I suggested that he
just get some Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks CD's which he will do;
but, I hope someone can help with the name of a German b and now playing
'20's big band jazz.

It must be Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester from Berlin. Their
homepage at MySpace is:
http://www.myspace.com/palastorchester

See a New York Times article at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/05/arts/music/05max.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=ma
x%20raabe&st=cse&oref=slogin

Cheers,

Tamas

Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com