[Dixielandjazz] IAJE

BruTheDr at aol.com BruTheDr at aol.com
Thu May 29 10:59:21 PDT 2008

Sent: 4/21/2008 9:03:02 PM
Subject: Re: IAJE files for  bankruptcy

well, as sad as this seems, nothing is  permanent.  as sentimental as this
seems, all things always move in harmony  with the whole of the universe.. as
lame as this seems, to define existence  through the external world is to search
continuously in vain.

the  beauty is, music is still alive, and those whole love it will continue
to do it  in all the same capacities as before.  nothing can stop the inner
drive of  the creative soul.  the institution of "jazz educators" is in the souls
of  all who love the artform, and not in the external forms of any
association.

it was truly an honor, especially in my younger life, to  have the pride of
being a "blue blood" of jazz education.  being so proud  to be a
betton/stitzel, and almost seeing it as being born into royalty has  shifted into the
knowingness that the essence of life and all things that arise  in each of our
experiences are only the periphery of the true essence of our  being - an essence
that transcends all things in the external world, an essence  that is the very
stuff of life itself, and impossible to destroy.   (luckily, as artists and
musicians, we have all experienced this truth in  beautiful moments of
performing when time stops and the creativity beyond our  own mind is allowed to come
through.  this of course is not just a  "phenomena" of music, but it is the
essential truth to existence).

i say  this to you all with a love that goes beyond our definitions of title
and  achievement - the one indistructible truth is that life beyond form is
one life  and we are all of that life.  only time can cause the dissolution of
things  in the world of form whereas life, being eternal, is timeless and
always vibrant  and inspired.

peace.

rich stitzel

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Linda Tippett <_linda_tippett at hotmail.com_