[Dixielandjazz] international problems with recorded playbacks

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Tue May 27 16:07:13 PDT 2008

Ted,

According to the Internet, Worldwide AC Voltages and Frequencies
<http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/ac_world_volt_freq.htm>

"Most countries use 50Hz (50 Hertz or 50 cycles per second) as the
frequency of their AC.
Only a handful use 60Hz. The United States uses 110V and 60Hz AC
electricity."

You might consider using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
I use one made by APC <http://www.apcc.com/>.
They might have a model you can buy in the US that will output 110v at
60 cycles,
but can itself run on 220v at 50 cycles.

Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

Message: 4