[Dixielandjazz] Just for a thrill (WAS: King oliver)

Dick Sleeman dick at sleeman.nl
Tue May 27 02:09:26 PDT 2008

Don wrote about Lil Harding a.o.:

> A lovely lady, sunshine smile, great laugh, and a real contributer to
> both the Oliver and Amstrong band legacies. And a good pop songwriter in
> her own right. Her ballad, "Just For A Thrill," I heard sung by Nancy
> Wilson many years ago at a Chicago appearence, and it showed what a good
> song and a good vocalist could combine to bring a little magic to it all.

One of the things I like special in being a member of the DJML is that every now
and then a song hovers by that I never heard of before (and me being a musician
for more than 55 years :-))

This time Don Ingle mentions the ballad "Just for a thrill" so I go searching
the net, hoping to find a lead sheet or something. No luck. But I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3QT97g1Snc

Now maybe one of the listmates can provide me with a lead sheet as well?

Regards,

Dick