[Dixielandjazz] "Sweet Lorraine" matrix number

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 26 14:36:19 PDT 2008

Robert Smith asked:
> Re Johnny Dodds' Orchestra:
> I see that the Red Hot Jazz Archive gives the matrix numbers for
> "Sweet Lorraine" as 48842-1/-2. In "Jazz Directory" (Carey & McCarthy)
> p.326 the matrix number is given as 48841, and 48842 is given for "My
> Little Isabelle" (no matrix number is given for this latter tune on
> RHJ Archive).
> Anybody know which is correct?

Dear Robert and Ken,
Red Hot Jazz Archive is in error, probably typographical.
All discographies from Carey & McCarthy to Tom Lord confirm the mx as
48841.
A forgivable slip, considering that the Red Hot Jazz Archive is a
magnificent aural resource and not really intended as a discography.
Kind regards,
Bill.