[Dixielandjazz] Who wrote Precious lord Take My Hand

Rick Zahniser rickz at usermail.com
Mon May 19 10:35:16 PDT 2008

As I mention on my website, Thomas A. Dorsey wrote
"Tight like that."   It sold 7 million records!!

When he later began writing Gospel songs (and he invented that term) he
was very apologetic about the earlier days.  You can listen to a great
scat version of "Tight like that" here:

http://coloradonighthawks.com/vocals.htm  (You have to use IE to listen.)

Rick Jolley