[Dixielandjazz] Fw: Who wrote "Precious Lord Take My Hand"?

BOYER DONALD dnboy152 at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 19 10:52:13 PDT 2008

Thomas A. Dorsey is featured in the movie "Say Amen Somebody",available on DVD and he talks about writing Take My Hand.  It is a joyful Gospel filled movie that has won awards and I highly recommend it if you have any interest in this great music.

  Don Boyer
  South Bend, IN

David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote:
  Wiki has a bit of info and some links for further research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_My_Hand,_Precious_Lord

and there is this article about the song:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/tc/2003/004/16.16.html

Dave Richoux