[Dixielandjazz] Precious Lord take my Hand by "Tommy" Dorsey

Charlie Coleman charliew8fim at verizon.net
Mon May 19 08:53:16 PDT 2008

Hi Listees,  Just a comment on Precious Lord.  It would avoid a lot of confusion if we listed the composer as it is on the music Thomas A. Dorsey.   I didn't know the circumstances under which it was written and I can only imagine the feelings that he had at the time.  It is one of the most requested tunes when I'm called on to play for a funeral service.    Regards,   Charlie Coleman