[Dixielandjazz] Loudness, fire

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri May 16 16:45:20 PDT 2008

Unfortunately, with the young people today, loudness does equal fire.  As
you may notice, with the music they listen to, be it on an CD player, Ipod
with ear buds, live, it is all very loud.

The restaurants you try to eat in that are (so-called) hip, I can't abide
because the noise and music is so loud that I can't communicate with anyone
at the table.

And with OKOM, to the young people, the louder the better.

However, that doesn't mean that louder is better.

Just invest your money in a good hearing aid company because there will be
an awful lot of deaf people in a few years.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

"I couldn't wait for success... so I went ahead without it."
--Jonathan Winters